HACEMOS has established a scholarship program to assist children of Hispanic origin and children of active HACEMOS members who plan to continue their education in college. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
HACEMOS is AT&T’s Hispanic/Latino employee resource group with a national presence that is open to all AT&T employees. Our mission reflects in our motto: ¡Juntos hacemos más! Together we do more. The scholarships are provided through the HACEMOS Scholarship Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or disability.
Applicants to the HACEMOS Scholarship Program must:
- Be of Hispanic heritage OR be a dependent* child of an active HACEMOS member, age 25 and under, as of the application deadline.
*Dependent children are defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the member’s household or primarily supported by the member.
- High school seniors, or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam or any other U.S. territory for the entire 2020-21 academic year.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester in coursework leading to a degree.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- HACEMOS will determine the award distribution for each chapter and for the national scholarship award.
- If selected as a recipient, students attending a two-year institution will receive a $1,500 award. Students attending a four-year institution will receive a $2,500 award.
- Awards are not renewable, however students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken
- Optional: Supplemental Financial Data Form, if applicable. This form is needed only if parents cannot submit data jointly on the electronic application.
Also as part of your application, one online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Students studying for a second undergraduate degree are eligible to apply for scholarship funding.
Financial need as demonstrated by Scholarship America must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of HACEMOS play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be notified in mid May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of HACEMOS. Payments made out to the college/university are scheduled to be sent to the recipient in one installment on August 1.